Detailed Digital Audio
Unlock the full potential of your digital music collection. The № 585.5 contains a premium Precision Link Digital-to-Analog Converter (DAC) that accurately reproduces audio signals and minimizes noise, so you hear the truth, passion and detail of every note.
Fill your home with distortion-free sound. The № 585.5 contains an oversized toroidal transformer and massive capacitors that deliver all the headroom you need for your most dynamic performances.
Pure Path Circuit Design
Our proprietary approach to circuit design delivers uncompromising musical purity and an engaging listening experience. By using discrete components carefully selected for their precise function, the № 585.5 delivers unmatched sound quality that captures the nuances of every note.
Details at Any Volume
Mark Levinson’s innovative R-2R ladder volume control provides balanced and consistent sound. Discern subtle details in your music, even at low volume.
Home Theater Integration
Seamlessly integrate into your home theater system with SSP mode, allowing your Surround Sound Processor to control both the left and right loudspeakers powered by your № 585.5.
- Pure Path Phono preamp — a discrete design with no op-amps and operates exclusively in class A throughout
- High resolution sound from class-A/B amps
- Fixed-gain moving magnet (MM) section with 5 capacitive cartridge-loading settings
- Discrete analog circuitry throughout
- Moving coil (MC) section with three gain settings and 10 resistive cartridge-loading settings
- Ultrasonic filter intelligently compensates for rumble and warping
- 32-bit/192khz performance, including DSD over PCM via USB
- 80Hz high-pass option allows proper operation of a 2.1-channel system
- Designed and handcrafted in the USA