The Yamaha NS-777 Floorstanding Speaker has dual 8″ polymer-injected mica diaphragm (PMD) woofers, a 5″ cone midrange driver with a waveguide horn, and a 1″ aluminum dome tweeter with a waveguide horn. The system features a Highly Oriented Polyolefine design for improved transient response, higher power handling, and flatter frequency response. The speaker is magnetically shielded to allow placement near a TV without distorting the image.
3-Way, 4-Driver Bass Reflex Speaker System
Yamaha’s NS-777 speaker system has been designed specifically for home theater applications. The floorstanding speaker is a bass reflex design that can be used for main channels and incorporates a pair of 8″ polymer-injected mica diaphragm (PMD) cone woofers, a 5″ midrange cone driver, and a 1″ aluminum dome tweeter. For improved imaging, the midrange and tweeter utilize Yamaha’s exclusive waveguide horns.
Unlike most homes, movie theaters use sound absorbing materials on walls and ceilings. The result is that the sound reaching your ears is the sound wave produced by the speakers rather than reflected off the walls. Yamaha has created waveguides that greatly reduce reflected sound and increase the proportion of directly generated sound waves reaching your ears. The result is a clear and precise sense of sound direction and placement.
- High sensitivity and wide dynamic range for contemporary digital sources
- Waveguide horn allows the sound field to be shaped and controlled for optimal spatial expression in home theater environments
- PMD (Polymer-injected Mica Diaphragm) cone woofer combines high-performance materials and design for extreme accuracy
- Highest quality internal Monster Cable wiring
- High frequency response dome tweeter delivers clear, natural highs
- Bi-wiring connectivity
- Beautiful Yamaha piano finish with elegant elliptical form