Audio-Technica’s stringent quality and consistency standards set the AT2020 apart from other mics in its class. Its low-mass diaphragm is custom-engineered for extended frequency response and superior transient response. With rugged construction for durable performance, the microphone offers a wide dynamic range and handles high SPLs with ease. The AT2020: the new standard for affordable side-address studio condensers.
What is a Cardioid Condenser?
A Condenser microphone such as the AT2020 contains a delicate diaphragm that captures the vibrations of the sounds you’re wanting to record. This diaphragm is so delicate that it requires powering through the XLR cable*, ensuring every aspect of your instrument or voice is captured in crisp detail. Audio-Technica cardioid microphones have heart — figuratively and literally — thanks to the shape of the sound capture area. Cardioid microphones capture what’s in front of them in a rough heart shape, from the pinnacle of sound capture at the front of the microphone to the graduated capture off to the sides. This cardioid pattern improves isolation of any desired sound source for rich and accurate recording.
- The price/performance standard in side-address studio condenser microphone technology
- Ideal for project/home-studio applications
- High SPL handling and wide dynamic range provide unmatched versatility
- Custom-engineered low-mass diaphragm provides extended frequency response and superior transient response
- Cardioid polar pattern reduces pickup of sounds from the sides and rear, improving isolation of desired sound source
- Pivoting, threaded stand mount attaches securely for easy and precise placement of the microphone